Marketing Your Property
Cockburn is the trading name of Cockburn Estates Lettings Limited registered in England No. 10693613. Registered office address: 4 Prince Albert Road, London, United Kingdom, NW1 7SN
We believe that a client’s choice of letting agent is fundamental to a successful let and that is why our service is tailored to ensure that we are in the best position to achieve this objective for you. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail in securing quality tenants for our landlord clients to ensure that a consistent and hassle free income is assured to them. We are proud of the level of service we are able to offer but we also appreciate the need to be competitive in our fee structure.
We would prepare high quality particulars to include colour photographs, floor plans and a detailed description of the property to send to all relevant prospective tenants on our database.
As well as on our website we will feature your property on the leading web portals including www.rightmove.co.uk and www.zoopla.co.uk.
We will ensure that your property is featured within our office window display until a suitable tenant has been sourced and referenced.
To Let Board
A “To Let” board will be erected outside the property unless otherwise instructed, as this is proven to assist in generating enquiries. This may prohibited by your freeholder.
We will accompany all viewings, unless otherwise instructed, ensuring that you are kept fully informed of all feedback on a regular basis. Where possible, we will endeavour to organise block viewings in order to promote greater demand amongst the prospective tenants viewing the property with the aim of achieving the highest possible rental figure for you. Needless to say we will of course ensure that the most suitable tenant is selected who will meet the expectations put in place and stay in residence for your desired tenancy period.
Once we have secured you a suitable tenant the referencing process will begin. Which will include the following;
- Credit score, searching for CCJ’s and general defaults (needing a minimum score of 650 in order to pass)
- Previous landlord reference if the tenant is currently in rented accommodation ensuring that the rent was always paid on time and that property has been maintained to an acceptable standard.
- Employment reference, confirming the guaranteed income of the tenant and that the employment is on a permanent basis and unlikely to change in the near future.
- Final background and anti-fraud checks
Once the tenant has passed referencing we can confirm a move in date.
We can also assist with the drawing up of the tenancy agreement, registration of the deposit and performing a detailed inventory. Please see the “Landlords Fees” section for more details.
The property manager’s role is to ensure that rent is paid on time and forwarded to you promptly and that any maintenance issues are resolved swiftly with the minimum amount of inconvenience to your tenant.
Cockburn is licensed by a client money protection scheme and our redress scheme is provide by The Property Ombudsman.
Additional services include;
- Rent Warranty, insurance, legal and maintenance services
- General maintenance works undertaken by approved contractors including everything from basic re-decoration to complete refurbishment
- PAT Testing, EPC provision, gas safety inspections, smoke alarm installation
- Effective rent arrears/collection department
- A detailed inventory that will ensure that you have the best possible chance of being able to claim money back from the deposit at the end of the tenancy if the property is not returned in the same condition in that it was initially let
- Registered deposits via the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Tenancy agreement provision
- Bespoke and comprehensive Pre-Tenancy Department ensuring a seamless “move-in”.
- Legal Services providing peace of mind to our landlords from our panel of carefully selected legal specialists
- Deposit solution and dispute expertise enabling us to deal with any problems that may arise, drawing on our vast experience in this field, to reach a solution, in many cases without the need for adjudication saving our clients time and money
“I would like to send you a huge thank you for all your help and support with the purchase of our house. Your service has been outstanding!”
Browse our New Fully Responsive Website
Take a look through our new fully responsive website, view all of our properties on any platform.
Providing an optimal viewing and interactive experience, across a wide range of devices.